Help Make A Positive Difference
At The Mead Educational Trust we believe that together we make a positive difference.
We believe our staff to be our greatest asset; their dedication and passion for learning ensures that each of our pupils reaches and fulfils their potential and goes on to make a positive difference. We recognise that the success of our academies largely depends on the quality of our staff and so are committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding individuals and are always on the lookout for talented and passionate individuals to join our growing team.
Our ambitious and committed family of schools provide real opportunities for aspiring teachers, school leaders and support staff. Our continued coaching, mentoring and support for our staff maximises the skills and talents of our team to deliver outstanding teaching and learning.
If you believe that you can make a positive difference, please visit our careers site hosted by our recruitment provide Eteach to join the talent pool and receive job alerts.
Help Make A Positive Difference At Castle Mead Academy
Why Castle Mead?
- At Castle Mead Academy:
- You will find a community of professional who strive for excellence and believe we can always improve.
- There is a strong academic ethos and high expectations of scholars.
- The Professional Learning of teachers and development of their subject knowledge is a priority.
- All staff are part of our research-informed ‘Professional Growth’ programme, with fortnightly coaching and CPD built into the school day.
- Behaviour management systems are centralised and teachers are enabled to flourish.
- Set classroom routines are adopted school wide to support individual teachers.
- Resourcing and schemes of work are centrally managed to reduce workload – teachers focus on ‘preparing lessons’ rather than planning from scratch.
- Subject teams are friendly, welcome and work collaboratively.
- Assessment routines are proportionate and feedback is favoured over marking.
- We actively support the character development of pupils, by building cultural capital and character through our extended school day and electives programme.
- Pupils finish school at 2.10pm every Friday. On alternating weeks we then have CPD for one hour, and on the other week staff are actively encouraged to leave at 2.20pm.
- Our approach to our school culture is values based, centred around our Castle Credo: Be Kind, Work Hard, Build Your Character.
- The reduction of teacher workload is a priority.
- We take a ‘no-nonsense’ approach to bureaucracy and we distribute leadership.
- We respect Teachers’ Pay and Conditions.
We use Eteach as our main recruitment job site. Please click the link below to access advertised vacancies.