Families who receive certain benefits may be eligible for free school meals. Your child is eligible for free school meals if you are in receipt of one of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit with an annual net earning income of no more than £7,400
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income -related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for the four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Child Tax Credits (with no Working Tax Credit) with an annual income of no more than £16,190
How to Apply for Free School Meals
- Apply online at www.leicester.gov.uk/freeschoolmeals
- By telephone on 0116 454 1009. Make sure you have your National Insurance number to hand.
- By post – you can also pick up an application form from Castle Mead Academy, or from any of Leicester City Council Customer Service Centres.
For more information as to how to apply for Free School Meals, please contact the academy.