New Year 7 Transition Arrangements, 2019
We would like to ensure a smooth and enjoyable start for our new Year 7 pupils and therefore we have organised two induction events.
- New Year 7 Pupil Transition Day: Tuesday 2nd July, 8.30am – 3.00pm
The day will provide an opportunity for your child to meet other new pupils, their tutor group, some of the subject teachers and members of our Senior Leadership Team.
Pupils should arrive in the morning and depart at the end of the day from the Castle Mead Academy site on Richard III road. We will then be transporting the pupils by coach to De Montfort University for the day.
Further details with regards the transition day can be found here.
- New Year 7 Parents/Carers Evening: Wednesday 28th August, 1.30-4.30pm
An invitation is extended to parents/carers to join us in the afternoon to have a tour of the academy site and buildings, and to hear about the wealth of learning opportunities that we provide our Year 7 pupils and our pastoral care, guidance and support and extensive enrichment and extracurricular programme. Pupils would be welcome to attend also. During the afternoon, senior staff will be available to answer any questions. Parents/Carers will have an opportunity to sign-up to this event nearer the time.
In the coming weeks, we will be completing the following transition activities:
- We will be visiting most of our feeder primary schools, in conjunction with Rushey Mead Academy, to meet with the relevant year six teachers to glean an insight into how our pupils learn best.
- Our SENDCO will be in touch with the relevant parents to organise meetings with parents and pupils to ensure a personalised transition to Castle Mead Academy, including where possible settling in visits for pupils. We will be in touch in due course to arrange this.
- Parents will be invited to meet with a senior member of Castle Mead staff by appointment, to discuss details and answer queries with regards starting at Castle Mead Academy in August. We will be in touch in due course to arrange this.
We kindly ask that you alert us to any vital information about your child’s health, transport or any confidential matter which may affect school life, so that we can put in place the necessary care and support to ensure the educational experience is a positive one from the outset.
We would be grateful if you could also complete and submit the following information no later than Friday 21st June 2019:
We look forward to welcoming you into the school and hope this will be the beginning of a very happy and successful partnership.